It's the unexpected events that have happened in our lives that have gotten us to where we are today. Whether or not they make a person stronger and more open to what life throws at them is up to that specific person. I want to share some of the events that happen, or have already happened in our lives. Welcome to our journey ;)....

Monday, May 10, 2010

Proud to be a mommy

I woke up yesterday morning knowing I was the luckiest mommy in the world. I have such a wonderful daughter who I know loves me dearly. She always puts a smile on my face and in my heart. Her giggles make my heart flutter with joy. She is my everything! I am so proud to be called Mommy!

I hope that everyone had a fantastic Mother's Day! I know that even though I spent my mother's day with paint up to my elbows, I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my day :) Rusty and Halle took me out to dinner and bought me the stuff to re-do Halle's room. They both know about my little check list I have going, and they knew how much I wanted to paint the bottom half of her wall and put chair rail up. Rusty had to be in charge of the chair rail and cutting it to size (me and power tools don't work well together, other than your typical cordless drill ha!) He did such a wonderful job! Halle supervised but spent most of the time napping while we worked. When we took her in her new room, she had this "what's going on in here" look on her face. She really didn't notice too much, but I could tell that she could tell something was different. I want to thank both Rusty and Halle for the best Mother's Day ever and for the presents. I am blessed to have them in my life. I don't know what I would do without them! Spending time with my two loves makes for a very special day, no matter what!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you had a wonderful Mother's Day! You deserve it! You're such a wonderful Mommy to Halle, and I know that she adores you very much. You're also a wonderful friend, and I want to thank you for being there to listen to me vent and whine, and helping me out when you can :). If you ever need a thing, you know that you can turn to me!

    ReplyDelete