It's the unexpected events that have happened in our lives that have gotten us to where we are today. Whether or not they make a person stronger and more open to what life throws at them is up to that specific person. I want to share some of the events that happen, or have already happened in our lives. Welcome to our journey ;)....

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

All aboard the Hogwarts Express!

Imagine you're awaiting to hop on a huge red train, surrounded by tons of people whose characteristics you have formed through mere thought/imagination, white smoke is coming out of the engine, *choo choo*, we're off!

That's were I have been over the past few days.... the world of Harry Potter!! I have been obssessing over the plots of the stories, the characters, and the anticipation of what happens in the final chapter. I finished the Harry Potter series around 4 a.m. this morning. No I didn't just stay up to read, I was working, and took full advantage of an extremely rare night of peace at work :) From the first book, I have not been able to put them down (although it was hard to read with an active toddler wanting to do anything other than let me sit and read). I mostly had to read during Halle's naps or before I went to bed, and still I found myself staying up til' all hours of the morning. I can finally say that I have finished, sadly, but true. I was really sad to reach the end. You get so invested in the character's and their lives. It's almost like they become real people. There are so many important things that are not mentioned in the movies. The movies would be 100 times better by the mention of details described in the book. I have been wanting to go rent all the movies now that I am finished with all the books. I know the movie for the 7th book doesn't come out until November (can't wait!), but I know that it is being split into 2 different parts b/c there is so much that they can not leave out or it would not make sense. I must say, I was skeptical about reading these books, but I proved myself wrong yet again, just like I did with the True Blood series. I truly enjoyed the Harry Potter books! I wish that the author would come out with another one, telling us how they became to be where they were at the very end of the book (I won't spoil it for those who haven't read it yet by saying anything about the ending)

No comments:

Post a Comment