It's the unexpected events that have happened in our lives that have gotten us to where we are today. Whether or not they make a person stronger and more open to what life throws at them is up to that specific person. I want to share some of the events that happen, or have already happened in our lives. Welcome to our journey ;)....

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Naptime Routine

One of my most cherished moments as a mommy is my sweet pea's naptime routine. I know it sounds crazy that a cherished moment could be naptime right? I don't cherish it because I get a break when she's napping, although it is nice to have a little "me" time :) It's the way she goes to sleep that makes it so memorable. I can usually tell when she is getting tired and ready to be put down for a nap. Her eyelids get really red and she wallows on a pillow or the couch. I ask her, "Do you want to rock with mommy?" She runs to the rocking chair and waits for me to sit down in it so she can climb into my arms. She then snuggles so close to me, inching her way to get just a little bit closer. As I rock her, she positions my hand on her back, tucks her hand under my arm and rubs my arm until she falls asleep. If I move my hand off of her back, she repositions it to where it was. I love being that comfort she needs to fall asleep.

2 comments:

  1. so sweet! Garyn has recently stopped wanting me to rock him at night and its been almost a year since I was able to rock him for nap! Ohhh it makes me sad just thinking about it.:(
    Enjoy your moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! These will be the moments that you'll always cherish as she ages. I love how Emma rubs my arm when she's falling asleep, too. It reassures me that I'm the one she'll always love and need :).

    ReplyDelete