It's the unexpected events that have happened in our lives that have gotten us to where we are today. Whether or not they make a person stronger and more open to what life throws at them is up to that specific person. I want to share some of the events that happen, or have already happened in our lives. Welcome to our journey ;)....

Thursday, May 20, 2010

her first shiner

The other night, Halle fell into our coffee table in the living room and hit her eye HARD! I know she was hurting, and I cried with her. I felt so bad, I just wanted to take the pain she was feeling away. It immediately turned red and began to swell. I rushed to put some ice on it, but come on what toddler is going to let you hold ice on their eye? I tried anyway, but no luck. She was not letting me put ice on her eye. I started to panic, thinking, "what if her sight is damaged now?" or "what if she fractured a bone around her eye socket?" Rusty had to tell me to calm down. He said we will wait and see what it looks like in a few hours. Well, it didn't change that much over the next few hours. Rusty and I knew that she would probably wake up the next morning with a black eye. We pampered her and babied her for the rest of the evening/night. Our little girl was hurt :( She was running around playing with her toys in no time. You would never know she had gotten hurt by the way she was acting. It was me and Rusty who kept saying "awwww our poor girl!" or "Come here baby and let mommy/daddy make it feel better!", smothering her in kisses upon kisses upon kisses. We were the ones that were not letting it go! Our girl had a rough evening and we intended to make her feel better as much as we could!

She woke up the next morning with a little bit of a shiner... I feel so bad for my girl! I hate that this happened to her. People say to get used to your kids getting hurt and having accidents b/c its happens, but I don't think I will ever get used to Halle getting hurt. I try to keep her from getting hurt, but I know that I can't protect her from everything. I sure can try though :)


My poor baby's eye! (not to mention she got bit by a mosquito on her forehead!)



She's such a sweet and tough girl



All she wanted was her milk to make her feel better along with a million kisses!

1 comment: