It's the unexpected events that have happened in our lives that have gotten us to where we are today. Whether or not they make a person stronger and more open to what life throws at them is up to that specific person. I want to share some of the events that happen, or have already happened in our lives. Welcome to our journey ;)....

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Vampires, wizzards, and more...

Lately, I have taken up reading as a hobby thanks to my sister Cassie. She absolutely loves to read and you can always find her at Barnes and Noble :). Reading isn't exactly my idea of fun, but she talked me into it. I started out reading the Sookie Stackhouse (True Blood on HBO) series. Turns out that I actually, seriously and truly, enjoyed it (although some of the parts in it can be rather "in depth"). After I started reading the first book I couldn't stop. I found I had read 9 books in just a few weeks! Sadly, that is more than I have read throughout my years in school combine. I tell my sister that I got sucked into the world of Sookie. If you ever start reading them, be prepared and have the next book ready at your bedside. The new book comes out next month and I am already so excited to get it!! I can't wait to see what happens next....

From vampires to wizzards... Now, I have started reading the Harry Potter series. I just started the first book yesterday and I am about to be on book #2. Even though I have already seen the movies, I still find the books to be very interesting. There are several parts that are left out that I get to incorporate into my ideas/thoughts as I read along, which is fun :) I usually like to form my own ideas of what the characters look like, but its hard to do since all the movies are out and I have just started to read the books.

You may ask, when do I find time to read without ignoring my princess? I read during her naptime and I read at bedtime for hours until I look at the clock and see that it's 1 a.m. It's strange how you change as you get older. I used to seriously hate to read any book and now it's one of my favorite things to do. The list of books that I want to read grows by the minute. Needless to say, I am hooked!

4 comments:

  1. You need the time to read to be able to do your own thing and relax! Harry Potter books are fun. Dad and I read those up until I think the fifth book, but then I slacked off. I'm interested in the Sookie books since you've mentioned them, but I'm afraid to check them out now because I'm way too busy and don't need to get hooked! I've also wanted to check out the Twilight Series that everyone seems to be hooked on, but I haven't found the time yet :(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you started blogging again!I think I may start again too. I watch True Blood on HBO and love me some Sookie..I wanna read the books but I know once I start I will be hooked. Do you have the books? I need to borrow them..hint hint... =) love you girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Told you that you would enjoy them!! You should always listen to your big sister!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read all the Harry Potter series before the movies came out, and Tiffany has been reading the sookie stackhouse books. If you like Harry Potter, when you get done, read the Percy Jackson and the Olympian series...I'm such a nerd I love to read!

    ReplyDelete