It's the unexpected events that have happened in our lives that have gotten us to where we are today. Whether or not they make a person stronger and more open to what life throws at them is up to that specific person. I want to share some of the events that happen, or have already happened in our lives. Welcome to our journey ;)....

Sunday, April 18, 2010

shake ya groove thang...

Yesterday we arrived in Bridgeport, AL for my mom's 50th birthday "throw back to the 60s" party! We were all so pumped and excited to get the festivities started. We did a little family visiting first with my mamaw, great aunt, aunt, and uncle from Kentucky. They all ooo'd and aaahh'd over how precious Halle was (who's to blame them? she really is!). She was being in one of her "mommy's girl only" moods. She would not let anyone hold her the whole time. She did get down to play with the dogs, but as soon as she spotted someone coming to pick her up, or someone gesturing to come to them, she made a bee line straight for me, flinging her arms up for mommy to scoop her up to save her. After Halle layed down for a nap, we all started getting ready for the party....

Hair, make-up, outfits, etc. I don't know how, but I got the job of fixing people's hair, and doing their make-up. Might I add, the "Bump-It" was a wonderful thing for fixing peoples hair the way they wanted. I'm no professional by any means, but I did my best :) I was rather short on time so I had to just put a headband around my head, throw on eye shadow and go! We all were trying to rush out the door, I was trying to gather people for a few pictures before we all got seperated and pulled in different directions at the party. I did manage to get a few....

When we arrived at the party, the DJ was setting up, the food was being prepared to be put out, and the decorations were all perfectly in place. My mom looked amazing! She definitely fit the part of the 60's girl. She hardly looked like it was her 50h birthday. Soon, the DJ started up, we all lined up for our spots on the karaoke list.

Meanwhile, Halle was running around in the grass, picking up each piece of gravel to "feed" it to the dog. After a long time of convincing, she strolled back into the party area, glued to mommy's hip, needless to say. She was shy the entire night! She fought hard to stay awake, but in the end, the party had taken its toll on her. My mamaw and great aunt were kind enough to watch Halle when we went home to put her to bed. I took full advantage of it :)

Back at the party, people were singing, dancing, laughing, and all around in full party mode. We had many "contests" starting with Best Costume- taken by Tony Cannon (there was a whole "dance off" for this one b/c we couldn't decide between him and another guy who were both extremely comical), Best Karaoke- taken by the Phillips family, and Worst Karaoke- taken by my little niece, Madison, (not that she sang, she just say trophies and cried for one so that's the one she got haha).

All in all the party was a HUGE success. We all had tons of fun! I was so ready for bed by 2 a.m. rolled around. We all cleaned up and headed for bed... this mornig we woke up, got some breakfast, visited, watched a recap of the events from last night that my sister so kindly taped, and all headed in our different directions.



Mom and Mamaw, so pretty!!



Mommy's yummy cake!



Rusty, Me, and Halle (she didn't recognize him and would NOT go to him at all)



Cassie, Heather, Madison, Me, and Halle



Me and my girl :)




The BEAUTIFUL birthday girl, and all her girls



My sis and her best friend Meg



Me and my main squeeze :)



Me and my sis, Cassie



My mamaw and great aunt




Me and my sis singing karaoke



Dancing the night away!




Halle and Carter posing in the life size poster




The runner-up for best costume with my mom and her best friend Denise




Looking for rocks to feed the dog




Still worn out on the way home today

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! And you're mom looks amazing for the big 5-0!

    P.S. I want to know how to use the Bump It. Haha! I haven't tried it yet - is it easy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! It is easy, i just followed the instructions in the box they came in... seriously i dnt know how they stay sitting on a persons head, its crazy! They work tho! Im glad i purchased them, they were a big hit :-)

    ReplyDelete