It's the unexpected events that have happened in our lives that have gotten us to where we are today. Whether or not they make a person stronger and more open to what life throws at them is up to that specific person. I want to share some of the events that happen, or have already happened in our lives. Welcome to our journey ;)....

Monday, April 12, 2010

Serendipity

I decided last week that I needed to fully update my blog and stay on top of it this time. Things have been so busy for us lately that we hardly find time to sit down... as you have seen I changed the name of my blog to "Serendipity". I'm sure most of you have seen the movie and probably know the meaning of it. In case you don't know the meaning I will tell you. It means the effect by which one accidentally stumbles upon something fortunate, especially while looking for something entirely unrelated.


Let me explain why I chose this to be my new heading... I was thinking back to the day when I got the phone call from an unexpected ex, which we all know by now was Rusty. I wasn't sure why he was calling and was completely confused. We talked for a while catching up on life, etc. After that I didn't hear from him for a couple of weeks. I didn't think anything of it b/c I was at a point in my life where I happy with my job, friends, family, and just life in general. It was a few weeks after he called me when I saw him at the Battles of Bridgeport (an annual thing that the whole community come together for to have a good time and remember the seige that took place in Bridgeport). I knew then that this whole time when I thought I was so content with where my life was at that I was actually missing something....something I wasn't searching for... something unexpected.... him.

Of course we talked and hung out and laughed at old times. It was so natural and comfortable. I knew from that point that I was missing a big part of my life. I never realized that I wanted a relationship. I debated on it each day we spent time together. The day he left to go back to Enterprise, he invited me to have lunch with him, his mom, and his dad. I was so anxious, nervous, and excited to see them again. Needless to say we had a great time! The time for Rusty to leave was quickly approaching and I grew sadder by the minute. I mentioned to him that maybe I would come and visit on my week off from work, he immediately said "come, come!" I did, and the rest is history. Here we are today in our beautiful home raising our beautiful daughter. I couldn't ask for anything more. I am completely in love with my life. I am so grateful to God for the things he has given me. Without him, no of this was possible.


Serendipity, I stumbled upon something unexpected, something I wasn't searching for, something fortunate....LIFE.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Your post gives me goosebumps. I especially like your new blog title, and in the end when you say, "Serendipity, I stumbled upon something unexpected, something I wasn't searching for, something fortunate... LIFE." Amazing!

    And I'm looking forward to many more posts from you :). I've become a blog-aholic. Ha! Hope everyone is doing GREAT and that Halle is just brightening everyone's world!

    ReplyDelete