It's the unexpected events that have happened in our lives that have gotten us to where we are today. Whether or not they make a person stronger and more open to what life throws at them is up to that specific person. I want to share some of the events that happen, or have already happened in our lives. Welcome to our journey ;)....

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

active toddler days are here....

My princess is growing up more and more everyday! She is weighing in at 25lbs 6oz! She loves to playing outside and in her swimming pool. She loves strolling around the neighborhood in her pink car. She loves Dora, Mickey Mouse, and Special Agent Oso. She loves it when she thinks Abbagail is chasing her around the house. She loves when her daddy pulls up in the driveway, anticipating his kisses, and running to him to jump in his arms. She loves to dance. She loves to be the center of attention (only when it's just mommy and daddy around, otherwise she is shy). Last but not least, she loves her mommy!

It's hard to believe that my snickerdoodle is 14 months old. She has grown up so much since the day we brought her home from the hospital, wondering how we were going to raise such a small, fragile person. Now, she's a tough girl, falling down just to pick herself back up to prove she's not hurt. She is as stubborn as the day is long. She will not say anything more than once. She said, "hey" to me driving down the road and that was the last time she has said it. She said "more" to my sister when she was feeding her, and that's the last time she has said that. She says mama when she's tired, sad, or ill, but not too often. She said "ball" when she was wanting her beach ball out of her pool, and, of course, that's the last time she's said that. When she wants food, she bangs on her high chair to let me know it's time to eat. I try to get her to say things all the time. I work with her when she's in her high chair b/c she is running wild every other minute of the day. I say things to her and she gets so mad at me and give me a warning grunt that I better stop trying to get her to talk. If I don't stop she will scream and kick until I do. I have no idea where she gets this stubborness from *cough, cough her daddy* :). I guess she will talk on her own time. Everyone tells me not to rush it, that once it starts it doesn't stop. We even had her hearing checked out b/c I thought with all her ear infections maybe it's affected her hearing. BUT she passed that with flying colors, so I'm pretty certain she's just being stubborn.


She is getting more and more hair, she actually has little curls in the back. I finally got a bow clipped in it the other day and it stayed! Woo hoo!


She has more toys than we can keep up with, and she still has a closet full of unopened ones left from Christmas and her birthday. It just goes to show how truely blessed she is to have such wonderful grandparents, aunts, uncles, and parents :)


We are SO ready for summer to soak up the sun! We have blown up her pool and she has already been in it a few times. She loves to prance around in her swimming suit in the front yard. We can't wait for our big trip to Mrytle Beach in June with Nanny, Poppy, Aunt Sara, Uncle Jay, Hayden, Gabby, Uncle Don, Aunt Amber, Brayden, and Caitlyn, just to name a few. It is going to be SOOO much fun! I am excited b/c Halle will be old enough to play in the sand and in the little kiddie pool.


I want to make this summer be the best yet! Although we have crazy work schedules, I have many activities planned for us, which includes taking a trip every month, whether its just an hour away or 8 hours away. We are going to be one big happy family, spending as much time together as possible. Now, we just have to figure out how to survive these trips with our spunky toddler!

2 comments:

  1. She's such a big girl now! Doesn't it amaze you how fast they grow? I was just looking at pictures of Emma when she was a month old the other day and remembering how scared I was because she was so tiny and I was so new to Mommyhood.

    And you're right. Halle will begin to talk non-stop in her own time. Just wait! Then she'll be embarassing you out in public like Emma sometimes embarasses me :). Haha!

    Your summer sounds fun! Can't wait to see pictures and hear about all of the adventures :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I know, don't you wish you could freeze time and let them stay the way they are now? They are at such a cute age! I can't wait for the day for Halle to embarrass me in public, at least that means she will be talking haha!!

    ReplyDelete