It's the unexpected events that have happened in our lives that have gotten us to where we are today. Whether or not they make a person stronger and more open to what life throws at them is up to that specific person. I want to share some of the events that happen, or have already happened in our lives. Welcome to our journey ;)....

Monday, April 26, 2010

Crazy weather in Clarksville, TN

This past weekend has been EXTREMELY busy! We went to Birmingham to visit Don, Amber, Brayden, and Caitlyn. Rusty had to go fix some things on his house in Jacksonville, so I packed up with him to get in a little visitation time with the Palmore's of Lincoln, AL. We left on Thursday night and had to come home on Saturday morning because I had to work that afternoon. I was so exhausted from riding and then having to go to work. They were calling for really bad weather Saturday so we left extra early just to be safe that we would get back in time. Luckily, we didn't run into anything but a little rain! It was later that day that the weather took a bad turn...

It was around 4:30 in the afternoon and the sky started getting dark... I'm talking as black and charcoal gray as I have ever seen it. I was really scared! One of the girls I work with, her husband called and said the sirens were sounding in the downtown area. I immediately called Rusty to let him know that they needed to take cover. He got Halle and Abby to safety as soon as he heard how serious and shaky my voice was. I, on the other hand, was getting my patients to safety, which was my main priority. I looked outside and the black and gray sky wasn't visible anymore. I couldn't see anything. It was like the rain and wind made it impossible to see outside. I just knew that any minute we were going to be encompassed by a tornado. Thoughts raced through my head... thoughts like: "I kissed Rusty and Halle good-bye when I left for work, but I didn't kiss them good-bye", and "God please watch over my little family and keep them safe, I know you're here with me". It may sound crazy to some of you (or maybe even all of you) that I thought those things. I am so thankful that it's over, it passed without any damage to us or anyone that we know. I was definitely one of the scariest moments of my life. It was the first time I wasn't there with Rusty and Halle when things could have really happened to all of us. I hope it never happens again!!

P.S. In case you didn't get it from reading, I'm a chicken and I'm not a great person to be with in horrible weather... I will panic :)

2 comments:

  1. You brought tears to my eyes! It's normal to think those things - no one will think you're goofy for doing so. You have things to be proud of and fear for losing! I'm glad that the weather passed you by for the most part. We didn't get hit here in Rome bad either, thankfully. I feel for the people that did receive the worst of it. The pictures look horrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we were just talking last night about tornados. Tara and her husband saw one when they lived in Myrtle Beach. They were on the road and had to find cover in a mall. She was shaking by the end of the story! So glad everything went well with you guys, thats scary! It makes you never want to leave your family! Ya'll have had some crazy weather that way.

    ReplyDelete