It's the unexpected events that have happened in our lives that have gotten us to where we are today. Whether or not they make a person stronger and more open to what life throws at them is up to that specific person. I want to share some of the events that happen, or have already happened in our lives. Welcome to our journey ;)....

Friday, April 16, 2010

I fought the sun and the sun won

Wednesday, I decided that I was going to read my book outside since it was such a nice day. The sun was shining and the breeze was blowing, a perfect day for reading :) I didn't think to put on sunscreen at all. I just read and read and read until sweat was literally pouring down my back (sorry that may be gross to some of you). I decided that I had read enough for then, also I was hearing my princess wake from her nap so I knew it would be time to put the book down anyway. Later that afternoon, I went to take a nice relaxing shower and I noticed that I was EXTREMELY sunburnt! I don't think I have ever been this burnt in my life (with all the summers I spent on the beach combined)! It's all my fault for not putting on sunscreen in the first place. I am kicking myself more and more every day. I am seriously to the point of wanting to just fill the tub with ice cold aloe and jump in it. It stings, burns, aches, itches, etc. I'm just thankful I don't have sun poisoning, as of now (fingers crossed).

I am really sad b/c I have the cutest hippie dress to wear to my moms big 50th "Throw Back to the 60's" party tomorrow. Now I am going to look like one big red chili pepper. I am really excited for my mom! She has never gotten to have a big party before and we are expecting a great turn out. I have Halle's outfit all ready for her, she is sure to get alot of attention, as always :) My family from Kentucky is coming in, so we will get to visit with all of them. Some of them I haven't seen in about 2 yrs! I'm looking forward to a good time! I will be taking pics of everything and I'm sure I will be posting them asap. I'm sure you will be able to spot me in every picture I'm in... just look for the big red dot haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment