It's the unexpected events that have happened in our lives that have gotten us to where we are today. Whether or not they make a person stronger and more open to what life throws at them is up to that specific person. I want to share some of the events that happen, or have already happened in our lives. Welcome to our journey ;)....

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Miss Fit Pitch'er

Halle has recently learned how to pitch a fit. She is learning slowly, but surely, that things don't always go her way. She is so curious and nosey (hmm wonder where she gets that from? ha!) that she is in to EVERYTHING she can get her little hands on. Yea, I know it's normal for all kids to be into things they're not suppose to, but I want to try to teach her early that there are some things that are off limits. For example, she likes to get the tiles out of the coffee table. These tiles are heavy, especially for a toddler. I don't want her to drop it on her toe and shatter her bone or something. Understandable right? When I tell her "no maam" you would think I just told her that she is not allowed to have any more sweets for the rest of her childhood. She throws her hands in the air and screams, thus slinging her body to the floor, looking up at me with the look of "am I doing this the right way?" on her face. I just turn around and walk away so she won't see me smile b/c then she will think that it is a game. May I also mention that if she doesn't think her "fit" she just pitched got my attention, she will indeed cut me off from where I'm going to throw, yet again, another "fit". I tell you, this toddler has got it figured out, or so she thinks haha! After her little "episodes" are over she wants to be scooped up, hugged, and kissed a million times just to be reassured that mommy still loves her more than anything in the world ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment