It's the unexpected events that have happened in our lives that have gotten us to where we are today. Whether or not they make a person stronger and more open to what life throws at them is up to that specific person. I want to share some of the events that happen, or have already happened in our lives. Welcome to our journey ;)....

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

How much are you worth?

Have you ever wondered how much money stay at home moms could make if they were paid? Well I waws thinking about it so I went searching for the answer. I found out that with me being somewhat of a stay at home mom that I should be raking in somewhere around $107,215/yr. WOW! That was just the "median" range for Clarksville stay at hom mommies (I figured I would be in the median range b/c I do have a job and I'm not just a full time stay at home mom). They say that stay at home moms do up to 10 different job titles. Those job titles include: housekeeper, day-care center teacher, cook, computer operator, laundry machine operator, janitor, facilities manager, van driver, nurse and psychologist. They also say that "Moms work an average of 90 hours a week. Working Moms reported spending 44 hours per week at their "work job" and 49.8 hours at their "mom job," for a total of 93.8 hours per week. The Stay-at-Home Mom works 91.6 hours at her mom job."


I do work PRN, and I sign up to work at least 2 days a week, but whether I get to work or not depends on how many patients we have. I like to work, but I definitely don't want a full time job right now, that would mean I would have to work 3 days a week, plus take on call shifts, so it would be more like 4 days a week. I know, I know 3 days a week is nothing right? Better than 5 days? Those 12 hour shifts get tiring! Plus, I like staying at home with my princess and spending as much time with her as possible. I don't want to miss anything, eventually I know I will, but so far I haven't!


For all you stay at home mommies, don't let your spouse tell you that your job is easy! You tell them how much you are actually worth by being at stay at home mommy, and they should be grateful you love them so much that you don't make them pay you :) If you want to figure your salary go to http://swz.salary.com/momsalarywizard/htmls/mswl_momcenter.html

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about this the other day too! Stay at home mommys are hard workers! I feel like I work harder now than I ever did at any of my jobs but it is more rewarding than any of my previous jobs! =) Love you!

    ReplyDelete