It's the unexpected events that have happened in our lives that have gotten us to where we are today. Whether or not they make a person stronger and more open to what life throws at them is up to that specific person. I want to share some of the events that happen, or have already happened in our lives. Welcome to our journey ;)....

Monday, April 26, 2010

The time has come the Walrus said

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."


I don't know if many of you have heard "The Walrus and the Carpenter" by Lewis Carroll from Through the Looking Glass and what Alice Found There. Me and my sister's used to watch Alice and Wonderland, Through the Looking Glass whenever it came on T.V. We even taped it when we were younger so we could watch it anytime we wanted. I don't know why, but I recite a the small portion I posted above to Halle when I'm walking her in her room for bedtime. I seen it a long time ago on the movie Harriet the Spy (another childhood fav!) and I thought it was cute. Random? Yes. Does Halle understand? No. Will she eventually? Of course, and then when she's old enough we will have our little bedtime moment, each reciting a line as we walk to her room for bedtime... and lastly, but most important, is our night night prayers and goodnight kisses.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! And yes, when she's old enough to understand, she'll LOVE that you've always recited that to her. It's never too early to start building memories and traditions!

    ReplyDelete