It's the unexpected events that have happened in our lives that have gotten us to where we are today. Whether or not they make a person stronger and more open to what life throws at them is up to that specific person. I want to share some of the events that happen, or have already happened in our lives. Welcome to our journey ;)....

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

In Loving Memory of Nelson Wayne Rogers

I dedicate this post to my dearest little "Bubba". My sister's dog/the family dog passed away this past Saturday. He was 10 years old, and loved to the fullest every second of those wonderful 10 years. He was such a spunky little guy. He was always so excited every time someone walked through the door at my sister's house. He greeted everyone with his ears pinned back, wagging his little nub of a tail. He would run and grab the nearest toy or sock to let you know he was ready to play! He attacked water bottles and all the cleaning supplies kept under the sink. He loved to snuggle on my sister's bed in her pillows and would be grouchy if he had to be moved when it was time for my sister to make the bed, or unmake the bed when it was time to crawl in it :) He accumulated a thousand nicknames throughout his 10 years! To mention a few: Bubba, Nelly, Nelson Mandella, Nelly Wayne, Mr. Stinker-pants, Mr. Jinxsy-pants, stinker feet, Nels, etc. I can still see him running around in his Alabama football jersey with his toy football in his mouth on the Saturday's that Alabama played. He also had a tuxedo that he wore one year for Christmas! He even had sweaters for those chilly winter evenings to wear on his bathroom outings. Even though I called him a grumpy old man, I will miss him SOOO much! He will always be remembered, never forgotten, and he was truly loved. RIP Nelson we love you so much!!

Nelson Wayne Rogers March 2000 - May 2010

1 comment:

  1. I miss my Bubba!!!! I still can't believe that he is gone. I will love him always!!!!!! RIP my dearest Nelson!!!

    ReplyDelete