It's the unexpected events that have happened in our lives that have gotten us to where we are today. Whether or not they make a person stronger and more open to what life throws at them is up to that specific person. I want to share some of the events that happen, or have already happened in our lives. Welcome to our journey ;)....

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

O Captain, My Captain

Today Rusty got promoted to Captain! I am so proud of him, and I know that he was very excited for this day to come. They had the families come up and pull their old rank off their uniforms and place the new rank on. Halle did great at pulling Rusty's old rank off! She had a little trouble putting the new one on so I had to help a little bit. Rusty was so proud that she cooperated (and so am I). Everyone was bragging on how cute it was and how beautiful Halle was. Who can blame them right?! She was definitely the talk of the room as she ran around in her squeaky shoes (I did take the squeakers out for the ceremony just in case she got loose from me). Everyone complimented her on her dress and her beautiful blue eyes :) I am so lucky to have such a wonderful guy and daughter, both who I love more than words can say! Congrats Rusty for your achievement today, you deserve it!!!



Rusty and Matt waiting for the ceremony to start



Rusty and Halle before the ceremony



Halle running around looking for daddy



The princess all ready to go, she looks so cute!



What a beauty queen!



I'm so proud of these guys



Getting ready to be promoted




The four new Captians



Our family :)



It's getting nap time for her



Halle pulling off Rusty's old rank and putting his new one on



Waiting for the commander to finish his speech

No comments:

Post a Comment