It's the unexpected events that have happened in our lives that have gotten us to where we are today. Whether or not they make a person stronger and more open to what life throws at them is up to that specific person. I want to share some of the events that happen, or have already happened in our lives. Welcome to our journey ;)....

Thursday, June 17, 2010

toes in the sand

You look forward to summer vacation every year, right? Well, we just got back from Myrtle Beach about a week ago. We had SOOO much fun! The whole family was able to be together for the first time since last year. We had 1 week to pack in as much fun as possible. Of course we spent a few of those days just lounging by the pool and at the beach. Halle loved the beach and the kiddie pool! She gave me a few scares by running around on the wet concrete, but, hey, kids will be kids! Or as my future mother-in-law says "You can't make a grown-up out of a kid", and she's right! The guys went deep sea fishing one day which gave us girls some time to shop and eat at the Olive Garden. One night after eating dinner, we ventured across the street to a big carnival to see what kind of rides and games they had. I played a few of the games and won Halle a small stuffed fish :) I was so proud of myself. We also visited a waterpark while we were there. It was alot of fun! We got to ride go-carts (which by the way I beat Rusty *ha!*, although, he would tell you he let me win, yeah right!) and play mini golf along with all the water slides, wave pool, and the biggest lazy river I have ever seen! Halle especially loved the lazy river, everytime we would go on it she would fall asleep... it definitely made her lazy! Halle even managed to picked up a phrase or two from her cousin Gabby.. she now says "dank you" which she never would say before. I was sad to leave b/c I knew I would have to go back to the "real world" once we got home. It's sad to leave your family that you don't get to see that often too. I'm so thankful to have them in my life! I couldn't have asked for better people to spend my vacation with!!

P.S. I would love to sit and talk about everything thing we did in detail, but that would mean I would spend hours on here and I just don't have the time tonight :) BUT I am posting a few pictures of trip!


Rusty and Halle in the lazy river at our condo




Our wonderful little family :)




Sara and Gabby on the beach!




Halle and Gabby searching for treasures




My little princess enjoying the beach




Whose that beach babe?!




Nanny and Poppy took the grandkids to Build-A-Bear... Halle didn't enjoy the loud machine




Hello Sunshine!! She just woke up for the fun at the Boardwalk




Gabby at the Boardwalk, that's such an innocent face




Poppy and Halle having fun in the kiddie pool




She liked the fountains in the kiddie area :)



I would like to leave with these few lyrics by Zac Brown Band, it pretty much sums up our vacation...

I got my toes in the water **** in the sand
Not a worry in the world a cold drink in my hand
Life is good today life is good today

1 comment:

  1. I love family vaations (sorry my "see"letter on my keyboard is not working) But yeah they are always great and you get to know everyone so muh better! we r going to myrtle next friday, the 25th, with family!

    ReplyDelete