It's the unexpected events that have happened in our lives that have gotten us to where we are today. Whether or not they make a person stronger and more open to what life throws at them is up to that specific person. I want to share some of the events that happen, or have already happened in our lives. Welcome to our journey ;)....

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

freezing time... if it were possible...

I wish, as I'm sure everyone does, that I could freeze time. Just stop, take in the moment of the very thing you want to keep with you forever. The little moments that me, Rusty, and Halle spend together are timeless. It's not the trips to different places or fun adventures that matter to me, it's the small moments. Laying in the bed in the mornings watching T.V. (usually Dora), playing together in the bonus room before bedtime, sprawled out on the floor with Halle rolling all over us, laughing, talking, smiling, just enjoying each others company. Those are the moments that I want to freeze so I can go back and re-live them anytime I want. As you all know, Rusty's deployment is growing closer and I don't want to miss a chance to spend all the time together we can to create these little memories. I want Halle to soak up as much of his time as possible, and him to soak up as much of her time as possible. They are already so close and have this father/daughter bond that is strong. She is constantly calling for her dada. She gets so excited when she hears the door chime go off when he walks through the door after work. She squeals and jumps around, dancing. You can see the love that she has for her one and only dada. I cannot express the joy I feel when I see them two together. These are the memories I love to make. I am so lucky to have the life I do. I thank God everyday for blessing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment