It's the unexpected events that have happened in our lives that have gotten us to where we are today. Whether or not they make a person stronger and more open to what life throws at them is up to that specific person. I want to share some of the events that happen, or have already happened in our lives. Welcome to our journey ;)....

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The past few days

Well I figured it was time to update by blog while I have a few minutes to spare.... I was so glad to get home on Sunday afternoon. Rusty, me, and Halle went to one of Rusty's friends weddings in Murfreesboro, TN. It was a long long long 6 hrs there and back. Halle did pretty good on the way there, she had a little moment of pitching a fit but she calmed down pretty quickly. but on the way home she pitched a huge fit. I felt so bad I just wanted to get her out of her carseat and hold her. I started crying b/c she was crying so hard she was choking and losing her breath. I hate when she cries that hard. She is teething so thats why she was crying so bad. I felt like a terrible mother b/c I didn't have any orajel or tylenol with me... she was in pain and it was my fault! Oh and she had her first hotel experience Sat. night too. We had to stop and get a room b/c we could barely keep our eyes open. We stopped at a Scottish Inn which was nasty. I didn't really wana touch Halle to the bed so I layed out all of her blankets so she wouldn't pick up any germs from it. I have to say that we will never stay at another one, yuck! Anywho, we went to the wedding on Saturday and it was very nice, short, sweet, and to the point, which is what I liked about it. Afterwards we went to the reception and stayed for a bit. Halle stayed with my dad while me and my sister and a couple of our friends went. He drove down from Indiana just to babysit Halle and spend time with her, it was so sweet of him! It was kind of a nice little break for me, but I did miss my little sweet pea. I called like 20 times to make sure they were ok. My dad probably thought I didn't trust them ha! On another note.... me and Halle have been hanging out around the house pretty much everyday while Rusty is in class. It gets lonely sometimes when Halle is sleeping and there is no one to talk to, but I do love getting to stay at home with her and watch her grow! Although, I do have TWO interviews on Friday for jobs at two different hospitals. One is for a full time position on a Medical/Surgical floor which isn't as fun as working in the Nursery or something like that, but atleast it's work for now. The other one is for the family birth center which is more my area I like to work in, but it's only PRN which means if they need you they will call you and you don't get benefits or anything like that. In a perfect world I would want to work the PRN job rather than the full time one, but right now I need insurance, so the more logical job is the full time Med/Surg one. Who knows if they will even offer me the job at either place... everyone pray I get offered atleast one of them! Sometimes you have to suck it up and take whats best for you. Anyway, enough about job stuff... I am getting excited about our beach trip we have planned for this weekend! It should be alot of fun with the fam! Gabby and Halle will finally get to see each other, I have a feeling it's gonna be like a photo shoot getting those two sugar plums together. I think it's supposed to rain so I have to make sure that Halle will be able to be entertained inside which means bringing more of her big toys. I just can't wait to get down there! I'm gonna get off here, Rusty is wanting me to give him a back massage... yeah right!

1 comment:

  1. I will be hoping and praying that one of the jobs work out. I know something will come along.
    I think I am gonna bring the jump-a-roo now for sure since the weather is not looking too good. I hope it is at least nice one day out of the weekend! We will see you soon! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete